Resort - Amenities
Red Frog is not your traditional resort — our guests are attracted to the natural landscape, authentic ambiance and unique tours that focus on preserving the ancient mysteries and nature's own glamor. Don't expect cement towers with imported "souvenir" shops or a commercialized resort complex. Our expertise is providing sophisticated accommodations in the midst of a hidden Caribbean paradise.
Our resort's best amenities, outside the modern villas, include preserving access to what Mother Nature has kept her secret for centuries. The resort map will show you all the dynamic island terrain to discover by foot, Jungle Cart, or even horseback. Take your time and enter a lush, living island that is overflowing with the sounds and sights of a New World.
- We've got waves on the north shore and glass-smooth waters on the south side of the island, offering stunning places for body boarding and kayaking. Choosy travelers know not all beaches are created equally — these beaches are stunning.
PoolsYour private pool at your villa is the perfect place to relax and soak in the scenery within earshot of the waves. Expansive patio balconies, Italian showers and BBQ appliances make your outdoor living space comfortable and memorable.
- Follow the entrance trail into a hidden rainforest valley revealing a waterfall and exquisite sounds of the tropics. There is not a better place in the world to get a massage than El Susurro Spa.
- A vast network of trails extend from the villa neighborhood towards the National Marine Park. These trails have been created over the centuries and vary from a walk along the beach (to arrive at North Beach) or a longer 2 hour hike out to Playa Larga. Expect to see wildlife, towering trees and indescribable private beach coves that are more frequented by monkeys and sea turtles than tourists (we have even discovered pirates cannonballs in the jungle!)
- Your first welcome to Red Frog is at our Marina Village which features 84 berths and can accommodate mega-yachts up to 250 long. This protected island harbor, near where Columbus anchored in 1502, is framed by the Marina Village gardens and rainforest. Your private paradise begins here where there is a public dock (for day visitors to Red Frog Beach), resort office, marina office, and jungle cart parking.
Modern TechnologyWe provide Wi-Fi and satellite TV in your Villa and even a local cell phone at check-in. Wondering about remote office access keep business moving? And we won't tell your boss that you are in paradise (you'll relish doing that yourself)
Drinking WaterWe have excellent water supply from deep island wells. It is safe and refreshing to drink straight from the tap at your Villa.
SanitationPart of our investment in the island includes an eco-friendly, state-of-the-art centralized sanitation system.
Air ConditioningEnjoy split and centralized A/C systems.
- Our staff will be happy to pinpoint access to several creeks and waterfalls, natural springs, lookout and picnic areas.
- Tours can be guided and offered for almost anything you would like to do: kayak, hike, scuba dive, explore, and cultural sight-seeing. Our New World Discovery tours are a great and affordable way to explore the islands and experience some of the most beautiful natural environments in Central America. All of our tours are led by local (English and Spanish speaking) guides. Snorkel gear and life jackets are provided as well as a cooler stocked with a variety of sodas, beer, and water.